As a new trader, it’s important that you learn as much as you can about the forex market. One of the best ways to improve your knowledge is by learning from other traders. Let’s journey through the top 5 books for forex traders.
Our Top Picks For Forex Traders
1. The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System
The Death of Money by James Rickards provides an in-depth look at our blind dependence on the US dollar. The US economy has a significant impact on the financial conditions of other countries across the world. What impact can this have on the way you trade? The Death of Money describes the complexity of the global economy and how we can expect a collapse of the international monetary system, which has only occurred three times in history, with potential economic threats to the dollar.
2. Adventures of a Currency Trader: A Fable about Trading, Courage and Doing the Right Thing
Adventures of a Currency Trader by Rob Booker is a must-read for beginners and experienced traders alike. This fictional story tells the story of Harry Banes and the challenges he faces as a forex trader. Learn how Banes navigates his forex trading journey through an insightful and entertaining read. This relatable story is a must-read for Forex traders who are tired of the typical “how-to” Forex trading books.
3. Currency Forecasting: A Guide to Fundamental and Technical Models of Exchange Rate Determination
Currency Forecasting by Michael R. Rosenburg teaches you how to analyse price trends. It also shows you how to effectively monitor risk factors, such as geopolitical risk, economic growth, and the political climates of the country. Get this book to learn:
- New trading strategies
- Key risk factors affecting price trends
- Technical-based models for currency forecasting.
- Fundamental-based models for currency forecasting
4. FOREX: Using Fundamental Analysis & Fundamental Trading Techniques To Maximize Your Gains
FOREX by Dave Matias is your new go-to forex trading book for learning about the latest trends. It demonstrates how you can organise the fundamentals around trend changes to become a more successful trader. Use this book to brush up on the following:
- Fundamental trading myths
- Currencies and bonds
- Macro trading
- Global market flows
- Micro events that can affect your trade
5. Foreign Exchange Option Pricing: A Practitioner’s Guide
Learn about forex exchange options from a highly qualified financial practitioner. The Foreign Exchange Option Pricing by Iain J. Clark will give you detailed information about theoretical mathematics, as well as pricing, calibration, and execution. Read this book to gain insight into the following:
- Accurate market conventions for FX volatility management
- Three-factor long-dated FX model
- Applying variable methods for strongly path-dependent options using Monte
- Carlo simulation or partial differential equations
- Numerical calibration techniques for all the models under consideration
Reading books about forex trading is a great way to improve your knowledge and deepen your understanding of the forex market. It’s also a great way to discover new trading strategies and learn how other traders tackle the marker. We hope you enjoy our recommended trading books!
For more helpful information about trading, check out our education section.